Wednesday 16 September 2015

Goodbye to Scooters?

It may be time. I'm not getting any younger and I now live in a place where I like to ride my bicycle along riverside bike paths and where I need to drive my car to get groceries because stores are a ways away and we stock up when we go.

My scooter spends most days in the garage. I can count on one hand the number of times I've ridden it this summer. Just enough to keep the battery charged. I do enjoy riding it on country roads but I have always liked having a purpose for my scooter whether it was for commuting or running errands. But I work at home now; don't go to the shops near me.

Anyone who follows this blog or has hit upon it and scanned the archives knows I haven't been writing about scooters as often as I once did. So I'm wondering if I should give up both the blog and the scooter.

I had to buy my licence for the scooter recently and I suppose it was some sort of commitment to decide to pay for two years instead of one. This may be a lull, I tell myself. Perhaps I will begin a new endeavour where the scooter again makes sense, I say. And I'm still fascinated with the transformative powers of scooters in so many countries in the world, particularly for women. And still excited about its possibility for cleaner air and less congested traffic.

So I'm not quite ready to throw away the keys, keep my fingers off the keyboard completely. But consider this blog on hiatus 'til I find my way with my scooter again.

1 comment:

  1. Its my pleasure to read this blog! Its fantastic and fabulous blog about scooters and their usefulness, I love to read it.


    Know here about our 3 Wheel Mobility Scooters by Simplelife Mobility

    ReplyDelete